Thursday, December 20, 2012

Vive la France!

So as promised, here are some more pictures from our trip to France this summer. It was indescribably beautiful, and it was very awesome to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary with such a great trip. And I got to do Science too!
I feel like Jules Verne should have lived in one of these buildings. This was looking southwest-ish from the first deck of the Eiffel Tower.
Eiffel placed the names of prominent scientists all around the tower.
This is the town square in the small suburb we were in for the conference, Rueil Malmaison
Quintessentially European kitteh...
Notre Dame was basically the coolest place I've ever been. We had to hide out there for quite a while during an afternoon thunderstorm. I can't describe it. The architecture, the history, and just the shear Catholicism of the place left me at a loss for words.
The Louvre
This might be my favorite picture ever, ha!
The Seine...our hotel was only a block off of the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment