Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Some random Scotland pictures

These are in no particular order or anything. Just thought I'd take a break from working and post some of these before John gives up on me completely. We went to Scotland this summer for my PhD research, and I took John along as my field assistant. So sorry, these are mostly countryside pics not touristy pics since we were there "working" the whole time :) Peat! They cut it and roll it up like sod...this is what you burn for warmth in the Northern Highlands...because as you can see from the pictures there are no trees. Very weird/spongy to walk on.
Schlepping the drill along the beach near Durness...at least we didn't have to carry water too. Thanks ocean! Below is the northwestern most golf course in Europe (Durness course). That last pic is from the coldest day we had, just checking out some unconformities along the northern coast. I'm ready to move there, it's brilliant!

1 comment:

  1. I have always desired to see scotland. I am sure it is like heaven on earth. May one day my wish will be granted. Its one of my favorite places.

    ReplyDelete